August 9, 2022
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED
There are plenty of questions about the $350 million school bond appearing on the November ballot. There are answers. Join us to learn more, and ask your questions.
Questions currently being asked and will be addressed include:
- Why do we need 2 new high schools when enrollment is dropping?
- How did we get to this point of two new schools?
- How much of the projected $350 million cost of the schools will be reimbursed?
- What will new schools give Warwick that it doesn’t have now?
- What will it cost taxpayers to build the new schools?
- If we don’t build the schools now, is there any guarantee of reimbursement from the state?
- What happens if $350 million isn’t enough to build the schools?
- Do we know now if $350 million is enough to build the schools?
- Could we build one new school and then see if there’s money to build the second?
- What is the projected cost of keeping the old schools – fixing enough to keep them operational?
Have a question? Can’t attend but still want to know? ASK A QUESTION
Forum moderated by: Retired RI Supreme Court Justice and former Warwick Mayor Francis X. Flaherty
- Lynn Dambruch, Superintendent Warwick Schools
- Peder Schaefer, City of Warwick Finance Director
- Katie Kernizan, associate SAAM Architecture
- RI Dept. of Education Representative
- David Testa, Warwick School Committee
- Phil Slocum, Slocum | Real Estate & Insurance
Every effort will be made to live stream the event.
Venue Phone: 401-732-6000
Venue Website: https://www.crownehotelwarwick.com/Address:
The Crowne Plaza Hotel Providence-Warwick is the first choice of those seeking the best in accommodations, convenience, service and sophistication in Rhode Island. A nine-time winner of the Intercontinental Hotel Group’s Torchbearer Award, one of the most prestigious accolades in the hotel industry, the Crowne Plaza Hotel has 266 guestrooms and 45,000 square feet of meeting space. Whether you’re a business traveler seeking respite from a long flight, a family on vacation visiting nearby Newport, a trade association holding its annual convention, or a young couple planning a wedding the Crowne Plaza is ready to satisfy your every need. Located 10 minutes from downtown Providence and two miles from T.F. Green Airport on a spacious landscaped 17-acre site featuring abundant free parking, the Crowne Plaza Hotel is prepared to treat you like royalty.