- Get Started Rhode Island
September 22, 2016
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
And here they are….The 2016 Get Started RI Pitchers!
- Spotter: Taps into the supply of private parking to help drivers park better, cities scale smarter, and spot owners generate passive income.
- io: Connects you with local, professional drone pilots to film your wedding, real estate, surf session or anything else you can imagine.
- WhatsGood: An online marketplace that connects wholesale food purchasers with local purveyors through a comprehensive directory of farmers, fishermen, artisans, and producers.
- Portela Soni Medical LLC: Created a patent-pending new standard of care that will reduce hospital-acquired infections due to urinary catheters.
- Nhuad Single Hand Video Game Controllers: The patented universal left/right hand design allows for anyone to play video games like never before.
- Bootblack Brand: A maker of creatively-complex cocktail and soda syrups, using a variety of fresh ingredients, for both the home and professional cocktail enthusiast.
We need you to help us get the word out. We are looking for attendees. Please invite your business friends and customers.
This September 22 is our fourth annual Get Started RI Shark Tank-like business pitch competition at the Biltmore in downtown Providence. The deadline for businesses to apply to pitch to our experts is fast approaching, so if you know anyone that would be a good fit – and who could use $40,000 in cash and prizes – encourage them to register at coxblue.com/getstartedri.
Register To Pitch Your Business
Whether you’re a start-up or looking to grow your current business with a new idea, join us to learn from a star-studded panel of experts to turn that idea into a revenue generating success.
In our pitch competition, you’ll get the chance to win a prize package valued at up to $40,000!
Pitch to win up to $40,000 in Prizes!
- Cash: $10,000
- Mentorship with Betaspring
- Cox Business services
- Article on Inc. Magazine’s website
- Advertising in Providence Business News
- Advertising in Rhode Island Monthly
- Advertising with Cumulus Radio
- Plus, much more!
Register to Attend & Watch the Competition
Cox Business is bringing Get Started to Rhode Island (#GetStartedRI) , in partnership with Inc.
- WHEN: September 22, 2016, 5:30-8:30pm
- WHERE: Biltmore Providence, 18th Floor
- ADDRESS: 11 Dorrance Street, Providence
- ADMISSION: This event is FREE and open to the public but you must register to attend.
Reception and Networking
Complimentary cocktails & hors d’oeuvres at one of the best networking events you’ll attend this year!
You can also help us find pitchers by sharing on your social channels. Write your own post or simply click on one of the links below for easy sharing.
You can enter the Contest by visiting the official registration page at www.coxblue.com/getstartedri/ (the “Website”) and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Contest is open only to legal residents of Rhode Island who: (1) are at least 18 years of age; (2) are the owner, principal, or general manager of a business that is physically located within a Cox Business serviceable area. Entry Period begins 05/19/16. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (1) YOUR MATERIALS ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND NO CONFIDENTIAL OR FIDUCIARY RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR CREATED BY ENTERING THE CONTEST; AND (2) THE CONTEST ENTITIES MAY POSSESS OR COME TO POSSESS INFORMATION THAT IS SIMILAR OR IDENTICAL TO YOUR MATERIALS, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES MAY USE SUCH SIMILAR OR IDENTICAL INFORMATION WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATION, OR CREDIT TO YOU. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes subject to Complete Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Cox Business Get Started Rhode Island: Network. Learn. Pitch Contest” Winners/Rules, Shana Keith, Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319. Sponsor: Cox Communications, Inc., d/b/a Cox Business, 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA
Venue: Providence Biltmore
Venue Phone: (401) 421-0700
Venue Website: http://www.providencebiltmore.com/Address:
The Providence Biltmore, located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, is a landmark hotel with an illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and Wetmore, the architects behind New York City’s Grand Central Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today, deeply woven within the city’s fabric and culture and beloved by generations of guests, the Providence Biltmore is an authentic Providence tradition.
Offering superior personal attention and comfort, the Providence Biltmore appeals to both leisure and business travelers. Renowned for its world-class service standards, this iconic Providence hotel welcomes guests with friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff, as well as numerous and generous amenities.
Guests will enjoy the hotel’s full-service spa (the only on-site hotel spa in the city of Providence), the McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks restaurant and Starbucks located in the grand lobby, a fully equipped fitness center, valet parking, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Just steps away from the city’s most exclusive shopping and dining areas and conveniently located near the Rhode Island Convention & Entertainment Complex, the Providence Biltmore is the perfect vantage point from which guests can enjoy the many events and activities Providence has to offer.
Reserve your place in history and discover why the Providence Biltmore offers an experience like no other.