Event Phone: 401-732-1100
April 13, 2021
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Tom Canterino with LevelUP shares his thoughts on…
Understanding local SEO and why it’s key to your business’ web visibility
Finding your business on the web is key to creating new customers, growing sales and connecting with existing customers. Where your business pops-up in a Google search makes a significant difference in whether someone visits your website or your competitors.
This session will:
- Help You understand how local SEO is key to your business’ success
- Provide details on how Google decides which business to rank highest
- Show different services that help increase rankings – from on-site optimization to review generation to link building
Registration open until 8:45 a.m. the day of the event. Zoom Link and Password will be sent prior to the event to those pre-registered. A Google Calendar invite will be sent as well.
You will feel more comfortable in the meeting|event if you prepare ahead of time. Allow at least a half hour if you haven’t already been on a zoom call to set up and test the technology:
Zoom Virtual Meeting|Call Tips
Find a quiet room and close the door so we will have the same level of no distraction plus confidentiality.
- Look at what is behind you – in Zoom you can select a virtual background – next to the video camera icon (usually bottom left) click on the arrow and select a virtual background
- If you click on the video camera icon or microphone icon (usually bottom left) it will turn it off (the icon will have a diagonal red line through it)
- Check your camera ahead of time. Ideally position your camera enough in front of you that we see not just your face but upper body, so we can see your gestures. It’s best if the camera is elevated to eye level, not looking up at your chin
- Make sure the light isn’t too bright behind you. If it’s too bright you will appear as a silhouette … we want to see your face
- Test your video first here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362313-How-Do-I-Test-My-Video-
- Good audio is critical. Test it first. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
- You can use a headset with a mic if the audio isn’t clear
- Test your internet connection ahead of time. If you’d like me to do that with you let me know and we’ll set up a time prior to the meeting
- You will receive an email the day before, or day of depending on when you register, with a link inviting you to join the zoom meeting – meeting ID and passcode will be included
- If you are working from home in PJ bottoms, you might want to turn off your video before you stand up 😊
Zoom Safety & Technical Tips
- DO NOT make meetings or classrooms public. In Zoom, there are two options to make a meeting private; require a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
- DO NOT share a link to a teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screen sharing options. In Zoom, change screen sharing to “Host Only.”
- Ensure users are using the updated version of software – security patches are continually being added.